Data Protection Policy
Our Data Protection policy indicates that we are dedicated to and responsible for processing the information of our, customers, stakeholders, employees and other interested parties with absolute caution and confidentiality. This policy describes how we collect, store, handle and secure our data fairly, transparently, and with confidentiality. This policy ensures that Bambus Research follows good practices to protect the data gathered from its customers, employees, and stakeholders. The rules outlined in this document apply regardless of whether the data is stored electronically, on paper or on any other storage device.
1. Policy Elements
As a key part of our operations, we gather and process any information or data that makes an individual identifiable such as full name, physical address, email address, photographs, etc. This information is collected only with the full cooperation and knowledge of interested parties. Once this information is available to us, the following rules apply to our company.
Our data will:
Be precise and consistently updated;
Is collected legitimately and with a clearly stated purpose;
Be processed by the company in line with its legal and ethical binds;
Have protection measure that protects it from any unauthorized or illegal access occurring by internal or external parties.
Our data will NOT:
Be communicated informally;
Exceed the specified amount of time stored; o Therefore, personal data of employees, customers, and affiliates who no longer use Bambus Research services will be archived for 3 years and deleted afterwards;
Be transferred to organizations, states or countries that do not acquire proper data protection policies;
Be spread to any party unless approved by the data’s owner (except for the legitimate requests demanded from law enforcement authorities).
2. Roles and Responsibilities
Everyone who works for or with Bambus Research is responsible for ensuring that the collection, storage, handling, and protection of data is being done appropriately.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +383 (0)38 606 012
In addition, the following functions within Bambus Research hold the key areas of responsibility:
Information Security Manager and Data Protection Officer (DPO) is responsible for:
- Informing and advising Bambus Research in regards to the data protection and privacy for the natural persons;
- Monitoring Data Protection and privacy compliance of Bambus Research with the data protection requirements applicable in EU;
- Providing advice with regard to data protection impact assessments;
- Cooperating and liaise with the supervisory authority;
- Be a point of contact for data subjects at: [email protected];
- Providing oversight and continuous enhancement of cyber security and in risk management awareness programs and improvements;
- Leading the design and operation of related compliance monitoring and improvement activities to ensure compliance with both internal security policies, and applicable laws and regulations;
- Developing and managing controls to ensure compliance with the wide variety and ever-changing requirements resulting from standards and regulations.
IT Systems Manager:
- Strictly complying with all Bambus Research policies related to non-disclosure, non-competition and confidentiality of information;
- Constantly staying up to date on various web technologies and tools;
- Performing networking systems hardware and software upgrades, and installing security patches as needed;
- Checking and monitoring the general health of networks and networking devices;
- Performing daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled tasks;
- The implementation, configuration and maintenance of computer networks, software, and digital security.
- Ensuring that access to personal data of users registered on the Bambus Research Website is restricted only to authorized personnel;
- Ensuring that access to the personal data of users registered on the Bambus Research website will not be shared with or provided to unauthorized personnel.
3. General guidelines
- Access to data covered by this policy is restricted only to those who need it for their work;
- Data is not to be shared informally. When access to confidential information is required, employees request it from their line managers;
- We provide comprehensive training to all employees to help them understand their responsibilities when handling data;
- Employees keep all data secure, by taking sensible precautions and following the Data Storage guidelines specified below;
- In particular, strong passwords are used and never shared;
- Personal data is not disclosed to unauthorized people, within the company or externally;
- Employees request help from their line manager or the data protection officer when they are unsure about any aspect of data protection.
4. Data Storage
These rules describe how and where data are safely stored. When data is stored on paper, it is kept in a secure place accessed only by authorized personnel.
- These guidelines also apply to data that is usually stored electronically but has been printed out for certain reasons:
- The paper or files are kept in a locked drawer or filing cabinet;
- Employees make sure paper and printouts are not left unattended;
- Data printouts are securely shredded and disposed when no longer needed
When data is stored electronically, it must be protected from unauthorized access, accidental deletion and malicious internal or external threats.
- Data should be protected by strong passwords that are updated regularly and never shared among employees;
- If data is stored on removable media (like a CD or DVD, External HDD, etc.), these should be kept locked away securely when not being used;
- Data should only be stored on designated servers at Bambus Research premises, and should only be uploaded on to approved cloud computing services;
- Servers containing personal data are sited at secure locations, where access is restricted for authorized personnel only and monitored;
- Data is never saved directly in permanent computers or other portable devices like tablets or smartphones, etc;
- All servers and computers containing data are protected by the monitoring system and the firewall system;
5. Data usage
- All data collected by Bambus Research is strictly for Bambus Research-related services required to ensure a complete response/service is being provided by Bambus Research. No other non-Bambus Research related service will be offered from the data collected;
- When working with personal data, employees ensure their computer screens are always locked when left unattended;
- Data is encrypted before being transferred electronically;
- Employees do not save copies of personal data into their own computers. The access and update of a copy is always made at the central copy of the data.
6. Data accuracy and actions
To exercise data protection, Bambus Research takes reasonable steps and is committed to:
- Restrict and monitor access to sensitive data, and keep it in as few places as possible;
- Establish effective data collection procedures;
- Provide employees with online privacy and security measures training;
- Build secure network to protect online data from cyber attacks;
- Establish clear procedures for reporting privacy breaches or data misuse;
- Include contract clauses or communicate statements on how we handle data;
- Update the data continuously and as mistakes are discovered;
- Ensure the marketing databases are checked against industry suppression files;
- Establish data protection practices (document shredding, secure locks, data encryption, frequent backups, access authorization etc.).
7. Subject access requests
All individuals and organizations who are the subject of personal and other data held by Bambus Research are entitled to:
- Ask what information BAMBUS RESEARCH holds about them and why.
- Ask how to gain access to it.
- Be informed how to keep it up to date.
- Be informed how the company is meeting its data protection obligations.
If an individual contacts the company requesting this information, this is called a subject access request. Requests from individuals should be made by email, addressed to the data protection officer at [email protected] The data controller can supply a standard request form, although individuals do not have to use this.
Our clients can contact us directly requesting these information through the subject access request. Such requests can be made via email addressed at our team at [email protected] We will always verify the identity of anyone making a subject access request before handing over any information. Confirmation will be asked from data subject using the email data subject used to register an account at BAMBUS RESEARCH. We will aim to provide the relevant data within 14 days.
7.1. Data Modification
Our clients can contact us requesting data modification and/or correction by sending an email to [email protected] or through the digital form available here. BAMBUS RESEARCH will verify the identity of anyone making a data subject access request before modifying or correcting any information.
7.2. Data erasure
Our clients can contact us requesting data erasure via email at [email protected] In addition, data subject will be provided with all necessary information before proceeding with erasure. Before proceeding with the erasure, the data subject will read the statement of our data protection officer, explaining the outcome of the data being deleted. Erasure of data can be requested at any time.
Our website is not appealing to children, nor are they directed to children younger than 16. BAMBUS RESEARCH does not knowingly collect personally identifiable data from persons under the age of 16, and strives to comply with the provisions of The European Union General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR). If you are a parent of a child under 16, and you believe that your child has provided us with information about him or herself, please contact us at [email protected].
9. Disclosing Data
In certain circumstances, when required, BAMBUS RESEARCH can disclose data to law enforcement agencies without the consent of the data subject. However, the data controller will ensure the request is legitimate, seeking assistance from the board and from the company’s legal advisers where necessary.